Home > Houston Dryer Repair
We repair all models and brands of dryers in Houston and the surrounding cities regardless of the age of the dryer. If you have a noisy dryer or the dryer is not drying the clothes completely or for any other problems with your dryer, we are ready to help. Just call our local number and let us do the rest in order to bring your dryer back to normal working condition. You can reach us 24/7 at our local number for same-day dryer repairs in Houston.
Please Note: We Do Not Sell Parts
If you prefer, you can contact us for Houston dryer repair service via email. Just provide a brief explanation of your dryer problem along with your name and contact information, and as soon as we receive your note, we will contact you with the solution for your dryer issue.
We repair all dryer models and brands in Houston:
and more view all brands
Our dryer repair service areas include all of Houston and the surrounding cities:
Clear Lake City
view the rest service
Caution: Homeowners should not get involved any dryer repairs on their own, unless they are professionally trained and experienced in dryer repairs. Repairing gas, electrical and mechanical dryer issues that you are not familiar with can be very dangerous and costly. The information posted on our website is only for educational purposes, in order to help you become more familiar with your dryer, while also learning how to use them in the most efficient and cost effective way. For professional help on your dryer repair service needs in Houston, call us at our local number:
REPLACING A DOOR SEAL
PROBLEM: The dryer takes an excessive amount of time to dry clothes.
Many clothes dryers have a seal around the door opening to keep the heat in. This seal can crack, causing an increase in drying time.
To make the repair, do the following:
1. Loosen the screws around the door opening. Pull off the defective seal.
2. Get a new seal of the same design at an appliance parts store. (You will need the make and model number of the dryer)
3. Spray the new seal with silicone or dip it in soapy water to make it more pliable.
4. Insert the seal into the groove at the top of the door opening. Then press it into place all around the opening using a putty knife, if necessary or a screwdriver with a dull, worn-out tip. Don't, press down too hard.
5. Tighten loosened screws
FIXING AN ELECTRIC DRYER THAT WON'T SHUT OFF
PROBLEM: Your electric dryer won't stop running.
An electronically controlled clothes dryer uses sensors embedded in the drum to monitor the moisture in clothes and to determine when the clothes are dry. The sensors transmit a signal to the electronic control unit (or processor), which then orders the dryer motor t3 itself off.
Fabric softeners sprayed on clothes static-electricity strips tossed in the dryer with clothes, can coat the sensors. This coat impedes their ability to monitor moisture resulting in a dryer that keeps running even if the clothes are dry. (Another reason for excessive drying time, of course, is a clogged lint screen. Make sure your lint screen is clean each time you use the dryer.)
Before calling a technician to service the unit, do the following:
1. Wash the lint screen in hot water until water flows freely through the mesh.
2. Mix dishwashing liquid detergent or washing machine detergent, with hot water the hotter the better. (Wear rubber gloves to keep from burning your hands.)
3. Dip a swatch of terry cloth in the solution and wash the baffles (the raised projections) on the drum, which usually hold the sensors. Important: Do not clean baffles with any abrasive material. This will damage the sensors. Dry a load of clothes to determine whether this treatment has had an effect. If not, the reason for the extended drying period is probably a defective electronic component, and you will have to call in a service technician.
For professional dryer repair help call us 24/7 at:
HOME I COUPON
I PRICES I TESTIMONIALS
I CONTACT US I WASHER
SERVICE I DRYER SERVICE I AC
SERVICE DISHWASHER SERVICE
I OVEN SERVICE I STOVE
SERVICE I REFRIGERATOR SERVICE
I SERVICE WARRANTY